Avocado is a different yet healthy fruit even if it contains fats rather than carbohydrates, which is the primary substance in most fruits. The article below has some exciting Avocado recipes for you to include in your daily diet.
The pear-shaped fruit has started to be considered a superfood due to various health benefits. Many nutritionists and dietitians recommend eating Avocado for weight loss. Besides helping to lose weight, eating Avocado has health benefits also, which are cataloged below:
- Avocado is rich in multiple vitamins like K, C, B6, folate, potassium, etc., making it a much healthy and better option than a banana.
- Avocado is rich in antioxidants and also absorbs antioxidants from other foods, which is good for eyesight in the long term.
- The fat in Avocado is not an unhealthy one. It is loaded with monosaturated oleic acid, which is excellent for maintaining a happy and healthy heart.
- Avocado is a nutrient-dense fruit, i.e., it is pretty low in calories, making it one of the favorite fruits for weight loss, which can further save us obesity, hypertension, etc.
Eating raw fruit sometimes is boring and tedious. Especially when we are trying to lose weight, we wanta break from the bland food we are having and want to eat something tasty and delicious.
That’s why we have listed few yummy recipes for you:-
It is a famous Mexican dressing, which can be replaced as a mayo for many dishes. It primarily consists of Avocado. Along with it, add herbs and seasonings like onion, garlic, tomato, chilies, lime juice, salt, and pepper. You can have it with steak, fish, veggies, chips, etc.
- Pickled Avocado
Craving for some hot, spicy, tangy pickle? We have got you covered with this quick Avocado pickle. In a pan, boil white vinegar, salt, and water. Transfer the mixture to a jar, and add unripe Avocados and flavors like chilies, garlic, etc. Also, keep it in a dry place for a week before eating.
- Avocado smoothie/ice-cream
We know that smoothies and ice cream are high in calories, but since Avocado is relatively healthy and low in calories, we can have them. Along with Avocado, you can add some citrus juice, almond, coconut, or soy milk, and honey for healthier ice cream. For the smoothie, you can use berries and other veggies to make it power-packed.
You can make your sandwich healthier by adding seasoned and grilled Avocados to it, along with other fillings and vegetables. It will provide a crunchy yet tender texture to your sandwich. Also, if you want, you can incorporate it in your sandwich spread for a more enhanced taste.
Hence, add Avocado to your menu with these recipes, and bring unique and different textures and tastes to your palate.