The modern-day offices are created around “sitting,” which means have to make phone calls, creating proposals/ presentations, writing e-mails, follow-ups.
Sitting for 8-10 hours per day to earn your living for copious hours may seem ordinary, but it is dangerous. Get up before your chair kills you! Sitting is absolutely an unnatural position and that professionals should avoid it. The lifestyle of sitting for long hours slows down your metabolism and lower body muscles. It speeds up the risk of depression, anxiety, and diabetes.
Research says that our metabolism starts to slow with excessive sitting. It is a considerable risk factor for your metabolic and cardiovascular disease. Sitting slouch weakens your stomach muscles and can lead to joint problems.
After reading this simple advice, you will strive to get up more often and stay active throughout the day:
1. Exercising for 60-70 minutes every day will help you to optimize your chronic health. Meditation will help you calm your mind and help you focus on delivering quality work at your work desk.
2. 30:5 Rules- Set a timer at your phone every 30 minutes and take 15 minutes of that time block to stand, stretch, do brisk walking, cycling or jog, take stairs in your building. It will boost your productivity and decrease your chances of risk development.
3. Grab your laptop and move to a standing desk or kitchen counter. This movement will help you to increase your heart rate while helping you to maintain the conversation
4. Move your body in the full range of motions; this will help you reset your posture and reduce muscle tightening
5. Keep your laptop in a horizontal position with your elbows to keep your arms lifted and flexed.
6. Coronavirus pandemic forced us all to indulge in work from home culture, resulting in less body movement. Remember, watching TV or Netflixing is a sedentary lifestyle too.
7. Fitness trackers like apple watch can help you to avoid prolonged sitting for these hours. Create a work routine and map your activities to take breaks